Words from Patrick:
Pulled an all-nighter to get this page colored and up properly. I am really glad I did too. I am especially glad it is veteran’s day and I am going to go take a nap and a delightful day off. mmmmm. A day off.
Couple cool things up to share this week:
- GO DOWNLOAD THE AMERICAN BOOOM! ANDROID APP NOW (it’s really cool!)
- Sarah’s Playlist
That’s right, our title character – Sarah Hannigen – has her own spotify playlist and a start of a character bio. check it out on the American BOOOM! CHARACTER page (up top)
- Updates to the INTERACTIVE MAP
Updates include: Adding Sarah’s bike path to “Tres De Octubre” and a lengthy description of why I chose that area for the scene of the first battle in American BOOOM!
- New Little Fish Blog Post: “Negative Reactions to Your Art”
This is a little bit of musing about how negativity towards art is fuel for the fire.
- Little Fish will be at Socal Comic-Con This coming weekend representing American BOOOM!
- Reminder: Save the Date for the American BOOOM! Comic Release Party in March:
- Little Fish general announcements:
>Check out the updates to the “MEMBERSHIP” page
>Saturday Morning Cartooning: A Free Demo Class on December 1st at 11am, RSVP through firstname.lastname@example.org
>Welcome to two new students at Little Fish! Keep an eye out for updates of student work
>Make sure to subscribe to the “Little Fish Newsletter“
Live from the Little Fish Comic Studio:
I’m Patrick Yurick – have a great week.
PS – Thanks to Eisner Nominated Ryan Andrews of “Sarah and the Seed” for helping get the workflow for a faster download of the graphics for web comic viewing. Here is the results:
- First I found this AWESOME article online which led me to understanding how to optimize file size correctly.
- I then, from that article, found this plugin for GIMP for the save for web setting that was everything I could hope for and more!